Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Was lowered fidelity of 60's tv show music a function of how itwas recorded or something else in the production pipeline?

On 28/07/2020 12:25, None wrote:
As always, the village idiot has no idea what he's on about. NTSC audio
was FM, not AM.

In PAL land, I have a memory that the audio was FM on a sub carrier and
the video was inverse modulated AM, so interference tended to show as
black spots.

Before PAL, we used 405 lines where more signal gave a brighter spot, so
you noticed when a car drove past or someone turned a light off and the
switch sparked.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.