Posted to rec.audio.tech
Ron Ron is offline

Default turntable nightmare

Karl Uppiano wrote:
[snipped all]

I think one of the reasons today's audio gear is so "bad" has a lot to do
with the fact that hi-fi audio is not a popular hobby any more. Back in the
70s, there were several popular stereo audio magazines, a stereo shop in
every mall, and there was a high demand for quality two-channel gear. Now,
the magazines are gone, and the stores are closed. For the same $$, mfrs.
now have to provide six or seven audio channels to six or seven speakers
using a bunch of DSP logic. The quality is spread a lot thinner. Most people
today really only care that the sound will play loud, with big assplosions,
and go round and round their head.

Well put!

Like I said, my Marantz 1090 is a very fine amp, and matched up with my
"old" Klipsch Heresys from 1980, it sounds awesome.

Back then they built things to sound good with vinyl, add a CD player
to this old gear and it puts out sound that was never thought possible
in the 70's and early 80's.

BTW, I miss my Stereo Review and Audio magazines that I was subscribed
to for YRS.