Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default turntable nightmare

"Karl Uppiano" wrote in message
newsNvch.379$R_1.234@trndny08...
I'm not so sure it's a problem with engineering. I think it's a problem

with
management. As Richard Feynman pointed out, the Challenger flew when the
weather was too cold for the o-rings, despite strenuous engineering advice
to the contrary. Space flight is a risky business.

Columbia burned up on re-entry in part because flight management at NASA
became complacent about "foam shedding" from the main hydrogen tank.

Seems to me the poor O-ring sealing, foam shedding, and fragile heat tiles
are all engineering problems.
(partly caused by lack of money maybe, but everything is built to a budget).
You can only be complacent about a problem where one already exists.

MrT.