Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Midas M32 USB stick recording glitch

geoff wrote:
On 25/01/2018 4:53 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 1/24/2018 5:40 PM, Geoff wrote:
There seems no suggestion anywhere in the M32 manual that there is a
'roll-over' function to accommodate recordings that need to be over
their 2GB limit.

The usual way that recording devices deal with this is simply to
continue the recording in a new file. The buffer enough so that no
samples are lost, and you can paste multiple files together
seamlessly. My Korg MR-1000 works like that, as does my Mackie
HDR24/96, and even the program Audacity, though that doesn't make WAV
files natively, but does record and save in small chunks.

Still, 4 GB is a lot of audio at reasonable sample rates. Take a break!

But 2GB is just over half an hour at 16/48k/S .

So I got 2*(10^9)/(96000) = 20833.33333 seconds, or 5.78 hours.

But it is late and my arithmetic might be wrong .* And the problem seems to be that the Midas
does *not* do the seemless thing.

geoff

--
Les Cargill