Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Midas M32 USB stick recording glitch

On 25/01/2018 10:07 AM, Gareth Magennis wrote:
"Geoff"Â* wrote in message
On 25/01/2018 9:30 AM, Gareth Magennis wrote:
Moved to a new venue with a Midas M32R.
Recorded the show to USB stick.

WAV's have finite size limits, I am used to dealing with more than 1
sequential 4Gb WAV's recorded on my laptop, and stitching them
together in
post with no lost data.

The Midas M32R I used this weekend produced multiple 2Gb WAV's to USB
stick,
but lost data in the transitions.
Maybe half a second or so each transistion, dunno yet.

Clearly this is not fit for purpose, you can't get that data back.

Certainly unsatisfactory. A fault of that particular mixer, or a
'feature' of the model ?!!! Would hope not ...

Out of interest are these single or multi-channel WAVs, at what SR and
bits ?

16 bit, 48K stereo mix out.
Each file is 2Gb.

It looks like the desk cannot buffer the data as it writes (finalises)
one WAV file, and then starts recording another.

In this day and age I would find that inexcusable from a cheap mixer,
let alone a Midas. Have you contacted them about it?

Trevor.