Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Is flat frequency response desirable?

wrote:
On May 21, 2:58?pm, "Harry Lavo" wrote:

snip

Well, I listened myself for as long as I could stand it on my "very fine"
equipment. ?So I tend to support those who hear a difference on their "very
fine" equipment, among other things. ?But there is certainly lots of
antecdotal evidence around. ?An in-room stereo of good quality reveals much
more than headphones, especially ones bathed in digital noise from a PC,
when it comes to imaging, image depth, the "realism" of the sound. ?

Please explain what you mean about "bathed in digital noise from a
PC". How does such noise sound? Many commercial recordings are made
using PCs and Macs. Do they suffer from being bathed in digital noise?

If you are a scientist. ?Which you are not.

IIRC, Dr. Sullivan has a Ph.D. in biochemistry.

Not quite....'just' biology. ;

--
-S
We have it in our power to begin the world over again - Thomas Paine