Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison

Default Mickey Mouse Imbecile !

"Skipp says" - just what a criminal ****WIT says !

: What? that Ernie Ball Service, the current owners of Music Man would
refer
: you to me or that some would help people for free? I don't charge
people
: for answering questions.

** Neither does anyone else " over the internet " - you moron.

Which proves how out of touch you are.

** **** off - IDIOT.

Guys are selling manuals, circuit
diagrams and tech help over the internet with credit card pay capacity.

** Totally irrelevant to your ASININE remark about "answering questions".

: Since you know so much about transistors Phil, what's wrong with a
: T0-220 transistor package? The original devices were properly rated
: for the task and hold up well if the circuit is not abused.

: ** Bull**** - to BOTH asinine assertions.

Yeah, I noticed you didn't answer the question(s).

** Shame you did not post a sane one.

: Those TO220s were the simply the CHEAPEST devices MM could find that
worked.

Not really...

** Yes, really !!!

Your pig ignorance of semiconductors is outstanding.

: Their total demise in normal service was as predictable as night
: following day.

So you say ...

** Exactly what *I* wrote.

Not the asinine crap YOU write.

: Not really, if you didn't have your head planted, you'd notice
: the low value series resistors in the cathode drive circuit, which
: can and should be sized to act like fuse links.

: ** WHAT ABSOLUTE BULL**** !!!

: There are NO such fusible resistors in any MM amp.

Man, you really have your head planted Phil.

** YOU need to be taken out and shot.

If you pull over ~500mA
through the 3.9 ohm 1w resistors in each of the JE1692 transistor emitter
leads, the resistor(s) should open.

** More absolute bull****.

They are NOT fusible types.

Since the JE1692 (cross to a 2n6292)
is rated about 7 to 10 amps Ic_max.. the resistors should fail first.

** More absolute bull**** !!!

The TO220s fail in an instant, but never the resistors.

Their Vce is only 80 volts.

The SOA limit is 70 volts at a mere 200mA !!!!!

A faulty OP tube destroys the TO220 in a instant.

YOU IDIOT !!

: Even if fusible resistors were fitted, the puny TO220s would not be
saved.

Depends on what happens during a fault condition really.

** More absolute bull****.

Once the TO220s are OVERVOLTAGED, that it the end of them.

: Tubes guaranteed never to arc or fail to a high current situation
: at the end of their life do not exist in the marketplace.

Sure they do,

** Like Hell !!!

You are just making this CRAZY **** up as you go along.

Be an absolute CRIME to charge anyone for it !!

: The intense vibrations in a "combo" amp guarantees that the OPPOSITE
: happens.

Opposite of what ever the heck you're now babbling on about?

** **** off - you illiterate MORON.

: Testing a NEW tube has no bearing on its possible failure, maybe years
: later.

: YOU are an ignorant, lying TURD.

I can't help you stop making an a$$ of yourself Phil.

** You are sub human, waste of space - Skipp.

A congenital LIAR.

And a know nothing FAKE.

: The TO3 tube diver devices chosen by PV have way higher current, power
and
: voltage ratings - for damn good reasons.

I only care to talk about Music Man Amplifiers.

** Why is that ?

You know absolutely nothing about them.

There is no comparison to
any other brand regarding the hybrid cathode drive circuit.

** More asinine BULL**** !

: Power tubes in guitar amps rattle to bits, burn out and often fail
: spectacularly.

Your playing dodge and weave..

** You are sub human, waste of space - Skipp.

A congenital LIAR.

And a know nothing FAKE.

. and doing a bad job of it.
... Has nothing to do with the cathode drive circuit.

** Has everything to do with why the damn thing fails !!

You are sub human, waste of space - Skipp.

A congenital LIAR.

And a know nothing FAKE.

You know all Phil, you're an ex'pert.

** You are sub human, waste of space - Skipp.

A congenital LIAR.

And a know nothing FAKE.

Scumbags like you are a DIME a DOZEN..

YOU are just NOT interested in REALITY !!!!

YOU are so DUMB you pretend it does not even exist.

**** THE HELL OFF !!!!

YOU MICKEY MOUSE IMBECILE !!!