Jerry G.

Try a "Y" splitter. It should work, since your TV and sound system are
of high input impedance.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Susan" wrote in message
om...
I just purchased a Sony HT-4800DP Home Theatre System. It consists of
2 components - a CD/DVD player and a receiver. It also has
surround-sound speakers.

I would like to be able to play CDs with the audio coming out of the
surround sound speakers (which I have been able to do). However, I
would like my DVD sound to come from my television. (in case you're
wondering why... the speakers are in a separate room than the
television - I'm also not concerned with my DVDs having surround sound
at this time). The problem is that there is only ONE left/right Audio
output on the CD/DVD player. So it seems like I can chose either the
TV or the Receiver speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions? There
is no a/b speaker option to connect speakers in the same room as the
television. Can I use some sort of Audio output splitter?