Richard Crowley

"Susan" wrote ...
I just purchased a Sony HT-4800DP Home Theatre System.
It consists of 2 components - a CD/DVD player and a receiver.
It also has surround-sound speakers.

I would like to be able to play CDs with the audio coming
out of the surround sound speakers (which I have been able
to do). However, I would like my DVD sound to come from
my television.

Combining the responses from Msrs. Rubinson & Tam,
interconnecting the DVD player and the receiver via optical
(or RCA jack digital) is one option. But make sure that you
can play audio CDs via that method. Sometimes this only
works with 5.1 channel surround.

Else you can use Y-adapters like Radio Shack 274-881 or
274-303 or equivalent. Feed the Main L/R audio outputs from
the DVD/CD player to BOTH your TV set and your reciever.
With modern equipment, this has a 99% chance of working
great.