Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default ARC SP8 too much Gain!

wrote:

Well, I have heard a lot of seemingly insignificant changes to
equipment make surprising alterations to sound quality. However, I'd
have to raise an eyebrow to anyone claiming to be able to hear a
significant difference made by adding one pair of resistors to this
highly complex chain of components.
Happy to be proven wrong, and I will be listening very carefully to
hear for myself but ...........well, we'll see!

In the meantime, I'll have to take my underequipped, undertrained and
timid self off to find some suitable resistors.

Yes, OK, but the fundemental thing is, do you really know what your'e
doing?.

Sometimes changing a circuit as you intend is harmless, and will achieve
what's wanted.
I can't be sure you are sure though, as its seems your mk1 schematic is
different to anything I found.

Good luck.

Patrick Turner.