Mark D. Zacharias

Default Who fabricates 8 Ohms speakers...? I can't find other except Sony...

A 6 ohm speaker effectively IS an 8 ohm speaker. They're just trying to be
more accurate in their rating. It just would not be a good idea to runs two
pairs at once on that receiver.

Mark Z.

"Shrivel" wrote in message
news
First of all, if the receiver can't reliably drive 6 ohms, I'm not sure
you'd wanna look at it. That's usually an indication of very weak power
supplies and amplification stages.

Secondly, you're probably pretty safe still, even with 6 ohm speakers. If
you choose 6 ohm speakers with good efficiency, I doubt you'll have much
problem even with a receiver that only specifies 8 ohms. I probably
wouldn't risk anything lower than that, though...

"Faustino Dina" wrote in message
Hi,

I found good sales prices for Yamaha and Onkyo speakers, but it appear

all
to have 6 Ohm impedance and I want to buy an AVR which specifies 8-16

Ohm
impedance. So which speaker fabricants have 8 Ohm speakers...? There is
something wrong with 8 Ohms speakers that it looks to be less than 8 Ohm
ones...?

Thanks in advance
Faustino