Scott Dorsey

Serge Stodolnik wrote:
??? Electret Condenser Capsule???

I have been experimenting with electret condenser
capsules placed inside on the acoustic guitar for
some time. Generic types.
Anybody knows where to get higher end capsules?
What is available?

Panasonic used to make some okay omnis, that were a lot better than the
usual Chinese production, and you used to be able to get them from Digi-Key.
I don't see Digi-Key carrying any of the larger ones any more, though, and
I don't see them carrying any of the three-terminal types. I think you can
get a couple three-terminal types from Knowles.

Beyond that, Sennheiser used to make a couple of capsules for hearing aid
applications that used to be available as bare capsule in Europe, but I
don't think you can get them from the US distributor.

And, of course, there are the DPA electrets, which are available as lav
mikes, and might be just what you want.