Ricky Hunt

"Jon J. Yeager" wrote in message
eenews.net...

You noticed that too?

So I'm *not* crazy, then? 128k sounds clearer than anything above it that
I've tried, which makes no sense to me.

It depends on the type of music (but no way should above 128k sound less
"clear" than 128k in the true sense of the word...the 128k algorithm is
probably pushing things more to the front that you didn't notice before..or
more correctly they are now apparent because of what was thrown away). 128k
actually makes some music sound "better" (IMO) when listened to in places
with high ambient noise levels. For listening in the car I prefer the 128k
MP3 to the original CD for a lot of pop/rock recordings simply because it
helps the most important parts get above the noise floor of the environment.
Younger generations may like this sound for all environments but if that's
the case I think it's simply because most of their life they've been
presented with inferior sound so they equate this with "professional".
flame retardant engaged.