GregS

In article .com, wrote:
Greg, thank you for your help. The driver does still function, and it
is 8ohm. The biggest reason I would like to replace the woofer is that
it has a muddy sound that dosent hold up with my newer lineaum center
channel which uses kevlar drivers. I have a request in with peerless,
and they have told me that they will see what they can do. I have been
through all of the Radio Shack stuff right down to the most obscure and
still no dice! I know of many of the crossover fixes for the lx8's,
however I find no problem with the tweeter only the inferior
performance of the woofer! The cabinet dimesions are roughly 18" 12"
14". And your right I think parts express will be my choice when and
if I can find the spl rating I need. Any further info is always
appreciated!

You must also match up the driver with cabinet size via a program
or advice. Closed or ported is also information about the driver that is necessary
to determine the box requirment.

greg