Neil Henderson

"Ethan Winer" ethanw at ethanwiner dot com wrote in message

Peter D'Antonio who heads RPG, and is a real diffusion expert, says
diffusion is not useful if it's too close to your ears. Dr. D'Antonio says
the minimum distance is about 10 feet, but I've heard others say 8 feet is
okay. So that probably rules our diffusion as a practical solution in a
small control room having a normal 8 foot ceiling.

Ah, was just wondering... then I may have to trap above my listening
position, but I was also considering diffusion as an option. Unfortunately,
I've got 8' ceilings in my new room, so if the above is correct, diffusion
wouldn't work. I've got some bass traps in the corners & on the back wall,
and they help, but I'm still getting some very ****ing annoying low-end
buildup - I assume from the low ceiling.

Thanks.

Neil Henderson