Bryan Giles

Default Preamps in Behringer UB mixers - opinions?

I had a Macke 1202 VLZ I used for just mointoring purposes. I bought an
MX602A (took 2 units to find one that worked) and noticed that is way
more open than the macki and a lot smoother and quiter than the mackie.
So I guess it depends on which behringer piece you buy. Serial # 1 or
#2. LOL

Of course at this stage of the game I am waiting for Presouns to start
shipping their Central Command to do my monitoring in the future.

On 2004-02-09 18:22:57 -0500, (xy) said:

They guy was asking for opinions on Behringer equipment. I've owned
and used various Behringer pieces and have found their stuff to
consistently dissapoint. In a similar price category is Mackie. I
don't "swoon" over Mackie, but suggest that if you go with the VLZ pro
line, you should be able to expect significantly better noise
performance, and less coloration compared to Behringer's offerings.