TheKeith

Default TS/TRS balanced/unbalanced can someone explain

I'm trying to figure this all out. Can someone explain it to me. This is
what I've figured so far, but I'm not sure if I'm correct. a TS (tip-sleeve)
plug can only carry a mono signal which is unbalanced correct? A TRS
(tip-ring-sleeve) plug is used to carry either a stereo signal with two
unbalanced mono channels in the tip and sleeve, or a balanced mono channel
(which utilizes both the tip and the sleeve for the one channel of sound),
correct? Now, can someone explain to me what unbalanced/balanced means and
also, what if would want to have a balanced stereo signal--is there such a
thing? is there no need for that? As you can see, I'm confused. Help would
be appreciated--thanks.