Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default When did you switch to CDs, and why?

wrote in message
Trever wrote: "
And to add Trevor: THIS is what I've been railing about on here, the
heavy CD compression and clipping, on Gearslutz, PSW, "End the loudness
War"(Ian Shepard's phoney group on Facebook)!!

And all I've been told by people in those places is to "ignore the
numbers" and the waveforms and just decide for yourself how it sounds.

Ironic: When I make a statement about it, I get called a troll and
killfiled. When another poster makes light of it, it's alright!

I can't win...

No, you started by raving on about analogue operating levels of consoles and
somehow relating this to clipping on CDs.

geoff