Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Default Hey Hank!

Sorry, I didn't mean to start anything!

I just wanted to know what happened to one of my favorite forums, and I know hank is a contributor in both places, so I reached out here.

But, Hank, while I've got you in a thread, thanks ever so much for the recommendation of that red eye preamp. It is absolutely fabulous in every sense- my amplified sound has never been better.

Except that one time I showed up to a gig with a singer and I figured since there were no drums, I would just use the red eye into the PA instead of bringing in my amp. But the house PA was one of those Bose stick things and it was so godawful even the redeye couldn't make it sound good. At the intermission I promptly went and grabbed my amplifier from the car!

I have been meaning to call Darren. I want one they does the exact same thing, but has a volume knob instead of a boost, and the footswitch mutes the thing instead. That would be convenient for me in many ways.