Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bob Richard Bob Richard is offline

Default Balanced output to two inputs, one of which is unbalanced

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...] If you have a bipolar
output with equal voltages of opposite polarity with respect to ground
and at the same source impedance, and connect this to a differential
input, you have a balanced connection. If you then tap off the "high"
side and connect that to another input, you've unbalanced your
connection.

Thanks! The new (to me) lesson here is that it is the whole circuit that is
balanced or unbalanced, rather than any given output or input by itself.

--Bob Richard

P.S. I apologize for the duplicate post an hour or so ago. Outlook Express
is not being my friend.