Scott Dorsey

nag champa wrote:
Thanks for all the info, guys. So are there any opinions about an
Otari MTR-10 or 12? JRF sells a two track conversion kit for 1900
bucks, so if the machine was cheap enough and in decent shape, would
that be a good choice?

That's half-inch 2-track for $1900. You'll find a 1/4" headstack for
the machine will be much cheaper, and 1/4" sounds pretty good.

I think I'd rather have a 1/4" ATR-100 than a 1/2" MTR-10. But that's
just me. Hell, I worked on a 440B for years and liked it.