Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] bikealot@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default MP3 files to stereo amplifier ?!

On Dec 28, 7:26*am, Michael Rüsenberg
wrote:
Hi folks,

the German writer of these lines is more and more engaged with the
following question.

I want to play my MP3 data (music, podcasts, "Hörbücher") via
hifi-stereo equipment. In order to do this, I have used the earphone
plug of my MP3 player, attached an adapter *3.5mm == Cinch and played
this signal via stereo amplifier and loudspeakers.

Question:
Is there any chance to avoid the use of an MP3 player (which I hate)?
I'd like to have *an adapter or converter to plug an USB stick with my
MP3 files into. This converter should produce a signal which can be
given to one of the high level input plugs of my stereo amplifier.

Any idea?
Thanks,
Michael

You could accomplish this with a USB input on an inexpensive DVD
player. An example is Philips DVP5960. The USB flash drive plugs into
a connector on the front panel of this player.