Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default MP3 files to stereo amplifier ?!

Michael Rüsenberg wrote:
Hi folks,

the German writer of these lines is more and more engaged with the
following question.

I want to play my MP3 data (music, podcasts, "Hörbücher") via
hifi-stereo equipment. In order to do this, I have used the earphone
plug of my MP3 player, attached an adapter 3.5mm == Cinch and played
this signal via stereo amplifier and loudspeakers.

Question:
Is there any chance to avoid the use of an MP3 player (which I hate)?
I'd like to have an adapter or converter to plug an USB stick with my
MP3 files into. This converter should produce a signal which can be
given to one of the high level input plugs of my stereo amplifier.

Any idea?

Obviously no idea at all.

The device he describes is basically exactly what his MP3 player *is* !

Then he can hear thru his hi-fi exactly how crappy mp3s are...

geoff