Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default MP3 files to stereo amplifier ?!

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"Michael Rüsenberg" wrote ...
I want to play my MP3 data (music, podcasts, "Hörbücher") via
hifi-stereo equipment. In order to do this, I have used the earphone
plug of my MP3 player, attached an adapter 3.5mm == Cinch and played
this signal via stereo amplifier and loudspeakers.

Question:
Is there any chance to avoid the use of an MP3 player (which I hate)?
I'd like to have an adapter or converter to plug an USB stick with my
MP3 files into. This converter should produce a signal which can be
given to one of the high level input plugs of my stereo amplifier.

A device which converts MP3 files (however they are stored)
into audio is called an "MP3 player"

There has been some mention in these newsgroups recently
that some home audio components are appearing which have
a USB port and a built-in MP3 player. Perhaps they can offer
some actual examples.

Why do you "hate" your MP3 player?

Seems like some MP3 players equalize the signal available at the headphone
jack. Doesn't sound too good taking that output into a stereo. My Nano is
that way, anyhow.

Mark Z.