Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Tube Amp - Autoformer - Speakers

GerryE123 wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in a message:

It's not obvious to me precisely what "technical cosiderations" you are
talking
about, the "technical cosiderations" are straight forward enough. All
that
matters in the end is how it sounds, so I say go for it and give them a
try, and
be sure and let us all know what effect they have on the sound.

Regards,
John Byrns

Actually John, that was the point I was trying to make. Instead of
"technical considerations", substitute "theoretical considerations". In the
end, they don't matter, it's the sound that matters.

Let's see, there are three autoformer taps and my OPT has three taps so
that's 9 trials plus three without the autoformer. That's a total of 12
unless I eliminate some out of hand (there's those damn theoretical
considerations again).

Gerry

There may well be 3 taps and umpteen windings on your OPT.

It helps the sound if you know the "theoretical considerations" which
underpin the "technical considerations".

They actually do matter rather a lot, and when you have the theory
right, there is a better chance better music follows the better
technical application of theory.

Patrick Turner.