Per Stromgren wrote:
On 3 Jul 2005 15:17:49 GMT, wrote:

What happens to that signal
between there and the loudspeakers is another matter. If you mean
vinyl, then say vinyl. BTW, as noted elsewhere, since every modern
vinyl cutting facility includes a digital delay line for Varigroove
purposes, *all* new music recordings are digital by definition,
whether purchased on black or silver discs.

Every? Are you sure about this?

Please name one vinyl cutting facility, used above hobby scale, that
doesn't have this!

I just asked Stan Ricker via email if the signal is ever converted to
digital when he masters LPs. His answer, in a word, no. I am still
waiting to hear the answer about RTI but I expect the answer to be the
same.

Scott Wheeler.