jazbo8 jazbo8 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Turner View Post

Look at my schematics at my website at http://www.turneraudio.com.au
Most have been done with MS paint. A large tube amp schematic typically takes 12 hours+ of by-hand work to produce. I should be able to just copy and paste one of my schematics into an LTSpice window, and nominate part values and device type, enter B+ voltages, input, output, and then go CLICK, and get a response, Rout etc, etc, etc. Too easy? NAH, Too hard!

Just my 2c,
Patrick Turner.
Sorry to send you on a wide goose-chase on the Wolfram app, I forgot to mention that you should just run the applet as it appears on the screen, not actually download and install the code that the author provided, which requires other softwares in order to run on your PC.

Anyway, as popular as LTSpice is, I too hate to use it myself, but if you would like to convert some of the schematics on your site to be used in LTSpice, let me know, I will be happy to draw up some for you (hopefully not all, as there are just too many ;-)

Also a note on the tonestacks, most guitarists are already trained/brainwashed on the Fender-Marshall-Vox type treble-mid-bass tonestacks, it's too late to turn back the clock and design a "proper" tone control for amps - they always revert back to the TMB it seems...

Cheers,
Jaz

Last edited by jazbo8 : February 20th 14 at 02:05 PM