Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Convention for naming for audio adaptors and leads

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:11:48 -0800, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 3/22/2009 7:09 PM Mr.T spake thus:
"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message

Most accurate and least confusing is RCA (phono) female-female adapter.
It should not be decribed by the plugs it adapts, most people would consider
a "phono plug to plug adapter" as being Male-Male, rather than F-F.

Kind of like the confusion (at least in my mind) between "onshore" and
"offshore" winds; I've always got to stop and think: does that mean the
wind is blowing on the shore from the ocean, or on the shore from the land?

The local TeeVee weather shows call it "onshore" when it's coming from the
ocean, going onto the shore on its way. "Offshore" is the ones that start
on land and blow their way off the shore (onto the ocean).

Cheers!
Rich