Posted to rec.audio.pro
James Price[_5_] James Price[_5_] is offline

Default free EQ match plug in for Audacity?

On Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 12:14:38 AM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 8/05/2019 2:25 PM, James Price wrote:
On Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 3:11:39 AM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 7/05/2019 2:14 PM, James Price wrote:

The guitar sound will change to a degree to fit in a mix, however I'd contend
that ultimately, EQ matching is still a useful tool for getting a guitar tone
in the ballpark. The guitar sound is going to start somewhere, so why not
start closest to the target tone?

That's generally at the guitar (and/or amp/speaker if electric). If you
are trying to make everything sound the same, then that's where to start
and hopefully no significant amounts of EQ needed anyway. And better to
learn it by ear rather than have a tool do your thinking for you.

That is if you want everything to sound the same in the first place ....

I don't follow your logic. How do you figure EQ matching makes everything sound the same with respect to matching the tone of an individual instrument, such as guitar?

Everything that you are 'matching' to sound the same, or at least highly
similar. Which is surely the whole point ?

That didn't answer my question. How does EQ matching make everything
sound the same?

In the case of guitar, EQ matching simply allows a guitarist to copy the
tonal characteristics of a given reference audio signal. In essence, it
allows one to copy / clone the tonal characteristics of a certain reference
signal.