Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default PCM Stereo or DTS HELP

On 28/12/2015 9:45 AM, geoff wrote:
On 27/12/2015 4:19 PM, Julian Macassey wrote:
I predict we will soon have 9.1, speakers added the way
razor manufacturers stack blades.

Yep, you soon trade one problem for another. I find it near impossible
to shave under my nose properly with those stupidly wide 5 blade razors.
And if the blades are too close together, they are impossible to clean.

Just "8" should do it for 360°. Add a ".1" if other speakers have little
bass. And another "1" for soundtrack to cope with soundtracks with a
centre channel.

Which is 9.1 just as he said. Centre channel only necessary in a wide
room, relative to listening position of course.

Just "2" does it for me.

For music it's all you need. And good mono is still better than many
stereo recordings.

Trevor.