Old March 10th 04, 06:29 PM
Gary A. Edelstein

Default "convert" antenna for clock radio?

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:59:31 GMT, user > wrote:

>Possible to convert/translate/connect the single wire
>"antenna" of my clock radio to a "regular" antenna
>of any sort?

If it's a single wire coming out of the radio and no screw connectors,
then it's 75 ohm and you could look at adding a longer wire, hooking
up a single rod antenna to it or hooking it to the center of a 75 to
300 ohm transformer (probably a few dollars at Radio Shack) and
hooking up rabbit ears to the 300 ohm end of the transformer.

Gary E

|Gary A. Edelstein
(remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply)
|"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo