Barry Mann

Default Convert Cordless Phone to Cordless Headphones

In , on 10/13/03
at 09:19 AM, OIE said:

[ ... ]

I'm a newbie to soldering and what
have you, but how feasible is it for me to buy a cheap cordless phone
and convert it to a pair of cordless headphones?

[ ... ]

In theory, wireless telephones could be used for this purpose, but
there will be challenges to overcome. If you are successful, the
quality will not be very good. As another respondent remarked, "If you
think music on hold sounds good, then by all means try it." You'll need
two for stereo.

I've used wireless headphones that will cover a house and a small yard
(50 feet or so). Try placing the base unit as high as possible. There
are also some FM transmitter kits that would be much more appropriate
and easier to adapt for this purpose than phones. (The FM transmitter
could be received by any nearby FM broadcast radio)

If you decide to struggle with the wireless phones, start with a model
that offers an intercom function.

SPAM:
wordgame:123(abc):14 9 20 5 2 9 18 4 at 22 15 9 3 5 14 5 20 dot 3 15
13 (Barry Mann)
[sorry about the puzzle, SPAMers are ruining my mailbox]