Todd H.

Default Convert Cordless Phone to Cordless Headphones

OIE writes:

I'm just gonna be honest here, and state that I'm sick and tired of
cordless headphones that barely work across my house. I've tried a
couple, admittedly not the best ($50-$100 cordless headphones) and I
get stupid results. I want to mow the lawn, work in the yard, and run
around the house with cordless headphones that never lose connection,
hence the idea in the subject of this posting. Even my cheap $20
cordless phone can go way down the block and I may hear a little fuzz,
but I'll never lose connection. I'm a newbie to soldering and what
have you, but how feasible is it for me to buy a cheap cordless phone
and convert it to a pair of cordless headphones? I'm thinking I
should find the audio input that goes from the telephone wiring to the
base unit and just paste my audio there (I assume the hardest part),
take the handset apart, glue it to some sturdy headphones, and
redirect its output to the headphones, ignoring the voice speaker
entirely. Anyone see any problems with this idea?

The main one is that telephony frequency ranges are typically 300Hz to
3kHz--a paltry slice of the 20-20kHz that is demanded of audio
applications.

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H