Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

Default Which Caig Product for a Mackie 1604VLZ (the original VLZ model)

Mike Rivers wrote:

Mackie's official recommendation for the pots is to just blow out the
dust with compressed air and not use a cleaner. I think they were
afraid that if they didn't specify a brand people might get the greasy
kid stuff, and if they did specify a brand they'd feel responsible for
pots failing (maybe years) after a cleaning.

I remember when their first mixers came out, they made a point of the
pots being sealed, and none of this stuff would be needed. You'd know
betterm of course, since you wrote a lot of their manuals.