Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] joey1263@gmail.com is offline

Default Which Caig Product for a Mackie 1604VLZ (the original VLZ model)

On Dec 16, 4:12 pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
On Dec 16, 3:20 pm, wrote:

I was just worried about whatever material the Mackie pots are made of
having problems with the chemicals because I thought I read someplace
about plastic pots vs metal and carbon pots (old stuff) having
different requirements as far as flushing and re-lubing.

Mackie's official recommendation for the pots is to just blow out the
dust with compressed air and not use a cleaner. I think they were
afraid that if they didn't specify a brand people might get the greasy
kid stuff, and if they did specify a brand they'd feel responsible for
pots failing (maybe years) after a cleaning.

Cailube is good and it won't hurt. And if you didn't put a dab of Pro
Gold on the ribbon connectors when you replaced them, might as well do
it as long as you have the mixer opened up.

Thank you Mike and Scott for the advice.
I didn't put any Pro Gold on when I replaced the ribbon cables so as
long as I have the beast opened up, not an easy trick BTW, I shall do
that as well.