Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Which Caig Product for a Mackie 1604VLZ (the original VLZ model)

On Dec 16, 3:20 pm, wrote:

I was just worried about whatever material the Mackie pots are made of
having problems with the chemicals because I thought I read someplace
about plastic pots vs metal and carbon pots (old stuff) having
different requirements as far as flushing and re-lubing.

Mackie's official recommendation for the pots is to just blow out the
dust with compressed air and not use a cleaner. I think they were
afraid that if they didn't specify a brand people might get the greasy
kid stuff, and if they did specify a brand they'd feel responsible for
pots failing (maybe years) after a cleaning.

Cailube is good and it won't hurt. And if you didn't put a dab of Pro
Gold on the ribbon connectors when you replaced them, might as well do
it as long as you have the mixer opened up.