Rusty Boudreaux

Default ### Why do this happen to my audio cd's ??? ###

"albert" wrote in message
m...

that you play for about 15 sec. The scratches are random in

direction
, length and different from CD to CD. If this is the result of
improper handling then I dont know what Im doing wrong. I dont

touch

Something is obviously touching the disk. The random
direction/length is most often caused by improper
handling...usually when jammed back into the jewel case (although
you seem to be careful) or thrown into the player tray. My guess
is it's getting scratched when you place it in the tray or take
it out. Some players will drop the CD back onto the tray before
the disk is stopped...but this usually results in predominantly
circular scratches.

Get a new blank CDR or pristine CD. Run it through a few
iterations of in/out of the jewel case and CD player and inspect
after each step. Hopefully you will see when the damage is
occurring.