Dick Pierce

Default ### Why do this happen to my audio cd's ??? ###

(albert) wrote in message om...
Will audio CD get scratches if they are played often ? Can using the
fast forward (ex moving from song # 1 to song# 7 )options on your
audio player cause scratches on the the CD ?

I always check the audio CD's I buy and Im lucky enought that 99% of
the ones Ive bought have no scratches when new. Of these 99%
scratchless CD when new
, I noticed that some of them ( specially those I listen to quite
often ) have some scratches.

What kind of scratches?

Are they nice and circular, concentric with the center of the disk,
either all the way around or partial arcs? If so, they would indicate
that there is something touching the disk while it's spinning.

Are they perfectly straight scratches, maybe even parallel to one
another? If so, that might indicate a problem occuring when the CD
drawer is opening or closing.

Are they random direction, length, very different from CD to CD? If
so, these are problem scratches resulting from improper handling.