Posted to rec.audio.pro
Sean Conolly Sean Conolly is offline

Default Sennheiser MKH 816T Question

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
k...
On 25-07-2014 20:35, wrote:

We have an old Sennheiser MKH 816T shotgun mic in our production cabinet.
These mics use the older type of phantom power--12 volt T.

NO, this is important, NO, it is NOT using any type of phantom power. It
uses Tonleiter. Because of that you should KEEP the tüchel cabeling
standard until the phantom to tonleiter powerconverter that you purchase.

Apparently there was a period when these were produced with T12 power and
XLR connecters, which is just an accident waiting to happen with all the P48
gear now.

For the OP - there's a chance that the mic went into the closet because it
didn't work the last time someone tried it on P48.

Sean