Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

Default UPDATE

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:38:57 -0500, Charlie Olsen
wrote:

Good story, and quite typical in my experience. Each year I receive a
couple of hundred scholarship audition recordings. Going through that
stack with the knowledge that the decisions can make make real
differences in people's futures is daunting.

I can't imagine having that much control over a person's life and having to
do it each year.

Yeah, it's frightening. On a theatre audition - someone's good at
dancing and acting so the director looks at me - "Voice OK?" I'm very
concious of my power over whether they're going to be earning for the
next few months.

Actually, it's more when they beat you up after the audition... :-(