Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default What's the best digital music-recording program for a Macintosh computer user?

Tom Evans wrote:
I don't know why you think I don't wnat DAW software, when I explicitly
wrote (above) that I do.

Because you keep talking about MIDI. Traditional standard DAW software has
nothing to do with MIDI, it is used for recording and editing audio sources.
You don't have audio sources.

You talk about wanting a DAW but then you describe a compositional tool.

And Acid didn't get a good review, and it sounds from the review like
it's not as good as Garageband, which I wanted to upgrade from.

Well, then get something else. Just make sure it allows you to import
external sample libraries.

Since I started this thread, I bought Logic. And because I now have
Logic, and because I also have logic, reason and common sense, I know I
don't need to buy another DAW now (ACID), which, from the review,
clearly sounds like it's quite inferior to Logic.

ACID is not a DAW, it's a very specific tool for building music from loops.
It has absolutely nothing to do with a DAW and frequently is used to produce
files which are imported into a DAW.

You need to get your mind around the differences between sample libraries
and sample playback, and the difference between DAWs and compositional tools.
Because until you do, nobody here is going to be able to help you because
none of us will be able to figure out what the hell you want.