Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

Default What's the best digital music-recording program for a Macintosh computer user?

On 09 Oct 2017, Tom Evans wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

I disagree about sound quality being determined more by hardware
than software; so far some of the instrument sounds I've sampled
in Logic (such as horns, synths and reverb) are far superior to
some of the instrument sounds in Garageband.

The sound quality of samples starts with the I/O hardware the recorder
of the samples uses. You can process those samples with any software
you want.

You may like the samples included with Logic better than those included
with Garage Band, but that says nothing at all about the sound quality
of Logic or Garage Band itself.