Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tom Evans Tom Evans is offline

Default What's the best digital music-recording program for a Macintosh computer user?

On 2017-09-05 13:52:27 +0000, Scott Dorsey said:

Tom Evans* wrote:
What's the best digital music-recording program for multi-track
recording that I can use with my Mac and my controller keyboard?

It doesn't sound like you want DAW software, but something more like ACID.
is that true?
--scott

I don't know why you think I don't wnat DAW software, when I explicitly
wrote (above) that I do.

You (now) have DAW software that also has the other functionality. So
congratulations.

And Acid didn't get a good review, and it sounds from the review like
it's not as good as Garageband, which I wanted to upgrade from.

Acid has had plenty of fantastic reviews. You may have read one less
than enthusiastic review, so whoop-dee-doo. It is Windows only, so
turns out irrelevant anyway.

(http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/te...udio-10-597320)

Try checking out reviews for Acid Pro, which is a better comparison,
and what we have been referring to.

Since I started this thread, I bought Logic.* And because I now have
Logic, and because I also have logic, reason and common sense, I know I
don't need to buy another DAW now (ACID), which, from the review,
clearly sounds like it's quite inferior to Logic.

If you wanted to you could try it for free and find out (more intuitive
for starters). But you don't want to, so don't.

What is it that you are actually wanting to ask or contribute ?

geoff

My question has been answered because I bought and tried Logic. That's
the program I'll use for the forseeable future.

Tom Evans