Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Routing a stereo out to a mono input.

Ludwig77 wrote:

I was actually using a stereo cable 1/8" on laptop end to 1/4". The
1/4" side had a stereo adaptor. This end went into the DI box for XLR
conversion.

You really need to be clearer about your terminology. A "stereo adaptor"
is unclear. Does the 1/4" plug have three metal pieces, like a headphone
plug,
or two pieces like a guitar cable plug? If it's like a headphone plug,
you're still
only connecting one channel to the DI. Forget the bits about resistors. You
need to connect the two outputs of your MP3 player together and connect
THAT to the DI box.

Assuming you're in the US, go to your friendly local radio shack store
and buy,
or at least look at the following two parts:

Catalog #: 42-2545
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103863
and
Catalog #: 42-2540
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2102972

Plug them together and you'll have what you need. You can get a longer
version
of the 1/8" plug to two RCA plugs cable.

me he
)