perso

Mike Rivers a écrit :
In article writes:

I am a programmer AND a musician. I use Linux for all of my audio work.
It is true that there are several different sound servers, but only
one is used for any serious audio processing: Jack. All Linux audio
applications are moving to this system.

Jack is more than a sound server also. It is more like ReWire (as it
has been described, I have no experience with it) is on Windows only
probably serves more purposes. It allows the interconnection of
numerous audio applications and allows them to communicate in
*real-time*.

Ardour is VERY stable, even on my AMD64. It used to be otherwise and
only ran well on 32 bit computers but now it has become very solid on
the 64.

So why hasn't some enterprising Linux/Ardour advocate put together an
Ardour distribution package that can be easily installed on a fresh
out of the box computer to provide a stable, capable DAW for less
money than ProTools, Nuendo, Samplitude, Cakewalk, and the like? Seems
like if Linux, Ardour, and the support programs are as solid as is
claimed, this could be a great deal for, say, $100 or so.

If the answer is "it's not so simple" then I think I've made a point.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

agnula demudi
O€
ready for music.
you can try Agnula LAC edition Live cd .