David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message ...

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote:

Agreed... We were credited for a full day, but the mix was done
almost 700 miles away and one mile higher than where I now sit.

Logically that leaves fixing it as being the only option.

Budget is tight, time is tighter, and mastering may be the only solution
that provides a speedy, more affordable product for the client.

An experimental re-eq of the provided example is available to you on
request, either as hidden file on my site or as email attachment.

If it's been returned to MP3, an attachment is fine. It's it's a .wav or an
..aiff, shoot me the link. (remove the spamblock) I appreciate this.

Just to avoid that unititiated people read this like finalizer bashing:
the effect referred to is very subtle, they are truly great and very
useful contraptions. What has happened to this audio is not just the
subtle effect of a finalizer in bypass.

What happened here was a clear case of oversight from lack of information.

Reconstructive surgery does appear to be possible.

This makes three votes that mastering can apply a successful band-aid.

Any others?

This is really a bummer for me, not just because I made a mistake but
because this session contained 12 out of 13 original western swing tunes.
This is not too common these days, and there's a niche' where these
songs could be shopped. The mixes I have on tape right now may not
do them justice.

And of course, I'm still upset that I didn't hear this degradation on site.

A vertical one mile trip may not have been a wise idea.

I had two days on location before the mix. This bothered me in the
Apallacians of Tennessee once, but I didn't feel any of those symptoms
in Montana's 5600 ft.

...it could snip void the ethics of usenet and probably go against the
charter of this newsgroup to actually verify something prior to posting.

Trivia... ;-)

Thanks again,

--
David Morgan (MAMS)