David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message ...

I guess I'm headed for a music store to play with a Finalizer. I would
have thought not, but the 'soft limit' indicator was definitely flashing
with some transients.

I'm not sure exactly what you meant about the sample rate issue.

Being able to 'pitch' the HD-24 down with the BRC, I'm not overly
concerned about what went on with the sample rate conversion.
Should I be? I see this as staying constant from the original ADAT
source tapes.

However, my glaring error was not to pay more attention to the finer
details of the Finalizer. It may have been crunching numbers in all
sorts of unthinkable ways. I may have been feeding it an 'off-rate'
clock and the digi outs may not have been on line with the Masterlink,
which I had changed to 44.1 so we could burn the mixes immediately.

There was no other software or hardware two-tracker or editor on site
and the Masterlink wasn't on a GUI, so I really didn't know exactly what
it could do, couldn't do, or could have been doing... either in the burning
path or the monitor path. (I was already 'parametered' to death making
the rest of the system talk peacefully).

I made a big mistake here in taking these two pieces of gear and thier
owner's word for granted - - and of course for not already knowing more
about either of them (and the studio).

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com