David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote in message ...

The digi mix definitely has something missing, but if I had to guess I'd say
I'm hearing something added (MF/HF distortion on transients?) in the analog
mix.

Bingo! There weren't two sets of hands and there weren't dynamics on
every channel of the MCI, so I used myself right out of compressors and
resorted to a 'Dynamite' on the acoustic lead and steel in order to get the
analogue version done & get it posted quickly. Nice call.... (Never use
a Dynamite on an acoustic guitar, even in a crunch).

The original source material was recorded at home by the client on ADAT
at 16bit, 44.1K.
When we arrived there, the tracks had been dumped at 16 / 48k.

What was used for the SRC?

A mistake. (See my reply to Peter).

The tools used were a Sony DMX-r100 (clock source)

Nice EQ, nice converters, nice board.

Once I got a grip on internal routing, I could live with this one.

The Finalizer was supposedly set up only for limiting to avoid clipping of
the Masterlink and nothing else... I took his word for that

This is where the sinking feeling started for me...

Come back... come back !!

;-)

DM
(feeling 6-feet under, myself)