Posted to rec.audio.tech
whosbest54[_2_] whosbest54[_2_] is offline

Default Computer as Reciever For a Blind Home Owner

In article ,
says...
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:03:12 -0500, whosbest54
wrote:

Almost all the Blu-Ray players I've seen manufactured recently have only
HDMI outputs. You may be able to find one with a component output

As far as I know, BD players have NEVER had component output.

I didn't say only a component output, it obviously could have both
HDMI and oomponent under my sentence. Here's one that does have a
component out, as well as composite and S-Vid.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-BD-P10.../dp/B000F99FDE

IF they ALSO have a component output, it will be handcuffed down to
480p for all bd output fed to it.

True, and I said that. But I should note that went into effect after BD
players were already manufactured for some time, so there may be older
ones out there that have higher res component outputs.

The HDCP rule is that if ANY full res HD signal gets downgraded to a
different output format interface, the resolution ALSO has to be
downgraded to 480p.

The output format interfaces composite and S-Vid would be 480i, not 480p.

whosbest54

http://whosbest54.netau.net/rao.htm

http://whosbest54.netau.net/rmb.html