Posted to rec.audio.tech
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno is offline

Default Computer as Reciever For a Blind Home Owner

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:03:12 -0500, whosbest54
wrote:

Almost all the Blu-Ray players I've seen manufactured recently have only
HDMI outputs. You may be able to find one with a component output

As far as I know, BD players have NEVER had component output.

They are REQUIRED to have an HDCP compliant HDMI output.

IF they ALSO have a component output, it will be handcuffed down to
480p for all bd output fed to it.

The HDCP rule is that if ANY full res HD signal gets downgraded to a
different output format interface, the resolution ALSO has to be
downgraded to 480p.